What Inspires Me?

People often ask me what inspires me to create. My answer is… just about everything!

Since I started creating mixed media art, I see the world so much differently than I did before. I notice things like light and shadow more readily and I now see amazing color combinations everywhere – in clothing designs, product packaging, home decor items, and especially in nature.

For example, the towels in my guest bath inspired me to make this collaged piece. You can watch how I create it by clicking here.

IMG_8246ce-sq

Nature is actually one of my favorite inspirations. I used to spend a lot of my time photographing the ocean, the moon, clouds, trees, flowers, birds, insects, etc., and I still do, sometimes. But now I’m finding so much enjoyment in making collages, drawing, painting, and doodling the wonderful things I see in nature, too.

Things created by other artists also inspire me. I watch YouTube art videos and browse photos on Pinterest, when time allows, and what I see there motivates me to create. And that is why I make YouTube videos myself – my goal is to inspire you to be creative and have as much fun as I’m having.

And here’s something you may not realize — YOU inspire me, too! When you leave positive comments for me, not only do I enjoy them, but they also motivate me to continue creating and sharing, and I am very thankful for that.

So, if you’re looking for some mixed media inspiration, take a look at the world in a new way. Not the whole world at once, LOL, but just look around you and if you see something that makes you smile, instead of just seeing it, really look at it and let it motivate you to create something. Whatever it is you make, it doesn’t have to be perfect, and most times it’s better when it’s not! I find that when I’m not overly critical, and I just relax and play, I really enjoy it so much more. Success!

Thanks so much for dropping by,
Cat

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Mixed Media Art and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to What Inspires Me?

1. NR Edwards says:

I am SO glad to see a blog from you! It is really cool to know what inspires you! I have loved your videos, and now this is just icing on the creative cake! I can’t wait for your next post! Thank you for sharing YOU with all of us! 💜😊💜

Liked by 2 people

2. sunmoongal says:

Congrats on your blog. So exciting

Liked by 2 people

3. Lucia says:

Thanks for sharing love all your work.

Liked by 2 people

4. susan hudson says:

I was tickled this morning to see that you have started a blog! I really love your videos – you make things seem possible even for this non-artist person to do, and I love how you use everything and don’t waste anything. That in itself is inspiring. I plan to enjoy this blog!

Liked by 2 people

5. Congratulations on your new blog! I hope you enjoy it. ~Patti

Liked by 1 person

6. Liz Dindal says:

Congratulations I can’t wait to be inspired even more!

Liked by 1 person

7. Patti says:

Love it! And that mantis is adorable. It reminds me of Mama.

Liked by 1 person

8. Marian says:

Congrats on a wonderful Blog Cat! I’m thrilled to have access to you in this form, as by choice, I have no social footprint, so haven’t been able to join your FaceBook groups etc..Am really looking forward to all you’re willing to share! Marian

9. Rita M Montgomery says:

Hi. I just came over from your live stream. I just subscribed to your blog. So happy you’ve started one. I love your work and will look forward to more ideas from you. Take care. ~~rita

Liked by 1 person

10. Tamarie Bitgood says:

Congratulations on your new blog! I have been following your work for a long while, and I am so inspired by you! Thanks for everything that you do!

Liked by 1 person

11. Cheryl Demarco says:

Congratulations on your new blog!!! Can’t wait to see more!

Liked by 1 person

12. Deryn says:

Thank you for starting a blog that I ‘think’ I managed to sign up for (I got the email and clicked the link but there was no feedback otherwise so I am not certain) without any social media accounts (which I don’t and won’t ever have, I hope). I watch a lot of your videos but can’t comment or even if I were to catch you live could not sign into chat unfortunately … since I am so ‘old school’ … so it is nice to have a way to say ‘hello’ and thanks for all your videos, etc. and now bravo/congratulations on your blog.

Liked by 1 person

13. Sara says:

Congratulations on your new blog! I follow you on youtube and now here! Keep the good ideas coming! Warm greetings from Mexico.

Liked by 1 person

14. Karen Giannini says:

Yippee – a Cat Hand blog!!! I love, love, love your creative videos and have been inspired to attempt a variety of mixed media projects — even finally bought a set of Posca pens!! August is my birthday month and your new blog is a super gift. Congratulations and best of luck with it. I’m so looking forward to your ideas and suggestions. I, too, purposely don’t use Facebook, so I’m absolutely thrilled to have this outlet to learn more from you!! Thank you for doing this!!!

Liked by 1 person